Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Americans do not travel!

1. TomLupo Guest

ARE YOUSE CALLING YOURSEVES LAZY??

I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO GET TO WHERE I AM TODAY.....AND PRIOR TO MY CURRENT JOB IT WAS IN THE COOKING FIELD.

THINK ABOUT HOW OUR FUCKIN' COUNTRY IS GETTING DESTROYED BY IMMIGRATION..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of drifting off the central point here, but nonetheless Americans not traveling to foreign lands has disadvantages for the nation as a whole.

Like making it easier for spin doctors to sell false notions like the US being the only nation in the world where people are free. Or more easily tending to see Americans mass class other nations together even when it isn't necessarily more accurate to do so.
    Last edited by Dragonlance; Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

3. ShutOffTheSun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    If Americans were willing to work as hard for as little money this wouldn't be an issue. Americans, generally speaking, are lazy and spoiled.
    ummm, no. just no.

the problem is corporations that can get away with hiring illegals for cheap cause they's illegal. I don't think any one wants too work for .25 cents a day.

or maybe cause of the exchange differential they think they have good paying jobs:-P

4. ShutOffTheSun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ScottWilliams View Post
    In my years on the internet I have spoken with a lot if folks who are not from the United States. Many of these people think Americans are uncultured because most Americans do not have a passport and have not traveled outside of our nations borders.

I have a few points of contention with that line of thought.

Most countries in the world are about the size of one of our states. Just because many Americans don't travel outside of the U.S. Doesn't mean they don't travel to states that are culturally "foreign" to them. America is probably the most diverse country in the world, so traveling from state to state is much like traveling from country to country in Europe in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    True. In Europe nowadays. You can practically drive across the whole of int on 1 tank of gas.

For most Americans. The cost of it is just too far out of reach any more.

And the only good culture in either of out border countries is beer,and drugs.

At least Mexico has both.
    right on, if I could drive to another country as easily as I would another state; I'd travel abroad. also I would need to learn the language of the country i'm visiting, don't wanna' get lost cause I can't ask for directions

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,

Let's get back to the OP subject, I'm not sure some of the off-topic content we are talking about is 100% appropriate.

Cheers

6. Flyattractor Guest

The Top Gear guys made fun of Amurika the other day.

SKREW TRAVLIN ABORARD!
    Last edited by Flyattractor; Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

7. Red Guest

What are you even talking about Fly?

8. Flyattractor Guest

Does it even matter at this point?

9. TomLupo Guest

i was the only american on the train

10. ShutOffTheSun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TomLupo View Post
    i was the only american on the train
    context, man. Context!

Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast