Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do invulnerable heroes shave?

1. riv1 Guest

How do invulnerable heroes shave?

And cut their hair? Trim their nails? Just wondering. John Byrne showed us in the Man of Steel mini back in the 80s that Clark Kent shaved by reflecting his heat vision off a piece of the rocket he flew to earth with, but, what about the rst of the stuff i mentioned? I guess it's just one of those things...

2. Likes liked this post
  3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I think finger nail clippers, hair clippers and razors with trace amounts of kryptonite would work for Superman.

I don't think most other invulnerable people's hair and fingernails are really ever addressed as being invulnerable or not. I guess for the fingernails, you could use the excuse that the hero's hands are balled up into fists when they're fighting, which protects the fingernails if they're not invulnerable maybe.

4. riv1 Guest

Interesting nail theory! Maybe there's a place like those that cater to hero's costumes and stuff. Super manny peddy anyone?

5. fenix1977 Guest

Great topic! They actually covered this in an issue of Incorruptible. If the main Character Max does not shave first thing when he wakes up (his powers reset when he sleeps so when he wakes up he is "normal" and becomes invulnerable after an hour of being awake) he is shafted and has to be scruffy.

6. Jamesdlogan Guest

I seem to remember and issue of I believe Action Comics from the 60's or 70's that I had from my Uncle's collection that talked about Superman getting a haircut....Don't recall what they said though...

7. riv1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fenix1977 View Post
    Great topic! They actually covered this in an issue of Incorruptible. If the main Character Max does not shave first thing when he wakes up (his powers reset when he sleeps so when he wakes up he is "normal" and becomes invulnerable after an hour of being awake) he is shafted and has to be scruffy.
    Did not know that. Cool!

8. fenix1977 Guest

I seem to remember seeing Super-Man shave using his heat vision..now I just have to try and remember if it was in one of the movies or TV shows..maybe it was in Lois and Clark...

9. TomLupo Guest

its bben adressed many times in superman comics from the 60's that he uses his heat vision to take care of these things. his hair and beard never grow unless he is under a red son.

10. Slither Guest

Here's my question, what of common processes for heroes/villains with healing factors?

Would Wolverine ever have a ruptured appendix? And if he did and they removed it, would it grow back?

What of cavities and tooth extractions?

Hair cuts?

11. Jamesdlogan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slither View Post
    Here's my question, what of common processes for heroes/villains with healing factors?

Would Wolverine ever have a ruptured appendix? And if he did and they removed it, would it grow back?

What of cavities and tooth extractions?

Hair cuts?
    I would assume that Wolverine would not have a ruptured appendix...and even if he did, it would just repair itself. Cavities I am not sure about...but from the explanations of how Wolverines body processes alcohol and poisons, I would assume that sugar would be dealt with in the same manner (which would make one wonder how Wolverine could have gotten fat and balding in the Earth X series in the 90's.....).

There was actually at least once or twice where they dealt with Wolverine and getting his hair cut. I remember an issue of Wolverine (with Jubilee) when he was trying to go "undercover" with a bunch of loggers...and he gave himself a crew cut, but knew he only had a short time before it would start to grow back..

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast