Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SEB-standard: Week 6 - Writing Comics

1. DavidPaul Guest

I'm so glad 70's pop culture is remembered, Seb. And your story of angst about how frustrated you are of hearing the origins of Jeep brought a tear to my eye. *cue Indian at side of road with tear rolling down his eye while the theme music to the Incredible Hulk plays*

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I hear ya! I guess your advice is the writer's equivalent of the CADDY SHACK "Be the ball" mantra!

But this is great, thanks to everybodies posts, while FORBY covers the WRITER'S ADVICE column, I've got the WRITER'S THERAPY column!

Plus, thanks to the various musical references in this thread, my column has it's own soundtrack!

David, If I knew how, I'd make a pod-cast of the perpetual Jeep origins and email it to ya. The best part is, he never believes that I know what he's talking about.

If I ever do a slice of life webcomic, there will so be a character based on "Poppa Chuck"! He's a great guy, and a literal well of material!:cool:
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

3. DavidPaul Guest

Poppa Chuck! Together for the first time with Grandpa Simpson!

Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more 'n a few.

Poppa Chuck: You shoulda been there when we raided Hitler's bunker back in ol' W-W-I-I. We ran our Jeeps on up the hill ... now the Jeep was named after Popeye's dog. And in those days -

Seb:*click* BANG! *drop*

Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3