Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'M READING A HUGE CAPTAIN AMERICA RUN

1. TomLupo Guest

I'M READING A HUGE CAPTAIN AMERICA RUN

I STARTED WITH #247 AND I'M UP TO #310. SOME HITS, SOME MISSES...I LIKED THE RED SKULL/ZEMO STORY FROM 295-300....AND I JUST STARTED ON THE GRUENWELD RUN.....I HAVE NEVER READ THESE BOOKS....I STOPPED COLLECTING IN THE EARLY 80'S.....I AM GONNA GO TILL HEROES REBORN THEN STOP.

2. Jamesdlogan Guest

Just checked out the covers for the run you've been reading. Looks like some pretty good stuff. I didn't really read any Cap stuff (other than some old 60's and 70's Avengers) until about 1990. Of course, from 1990 to 1992 I bought pretty much every Marvel comic that came out.....it was great working for the first time and living at home still..lol.

3. TomLupo Guest

yeah.....i used to buy like 80-90 comics a month for years. whats sad is they are worth shit.
    but i recomend this cap run.....its pretty good.

4. Murmur Guest

Looking back i bought my share of comics that i wish that i hadnt.That i still had that money.Course you will go nuts if you dwell on those kinda thoughts to long.

5. TomLupo Guest

it sucks.....there are so many books i have from the last few decades that are worth shit. i got over 10,000 worthless comis

6. Murmur Guest

Most of em either Marvel or DC?Did you ever go nuts for Image in its early days?

7. TomLupo Guest

yup.....but i dumped most of them. i kept savage dragon and a few other books....i sold my spawns for a c-note and threw every liefeld comic out.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun run Tom. How quickly do you take to read these anyway? I know some people take a long time, others just power read.

9. TomLupo Guest

its acording to if the letter page is good. a read without the letter page is 15-20 minutes...thats when they "wrote" comics.
    it could take a half hour. but i sometimes read like 12 hours straight like last night when i couldn't sleep.

10. Murmur Guest

If you cant sleep read some of your more boring material.Shoudnt that put you to sleep?

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast