Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avenging Spider-Man coming to a comic shop near you!

1. fenix1977 Guest

Avenging Spider-Man coming to a comic shop near you!

There is going to be a new Spider-Man comic hitting stores in November. Just in time for my B-Day! I am going to give this new series a shot.

2. TomLupo Guest

spider-man was my favorite marvel hero until joe queersada fucked his history up.
    i have the whole run of amazing{counting essentials} until omd.
    i will never, ever, ever, ever buy a new spider-man comic again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then again i will never buy a marvel comic again...the last couple of years destroyed my faith in marvel.

and while we are at it, can someone kill bendis. he destoyed my beloved avengers.

3. fenix1977 Guest

have you tried FF? Hickman is doing a fantastic job with this new Future Foundation and his run on Fantastic Four was solid as well. He nails Spider-Man/Peter so well and the way he plays off the other members of the team is awesome. There have been a few issues of Amazing Spider-Man that featured the FF and those where fantastic. Peter and Ben play off each other so well it is not even funny.

4. joshpierce Guest

I saw who was on this book and although the writing may be there, the art does nothing for me, and therefor I couldn't even consider this book. But maybe by issue 5 when they switch artist to someone cheaper and unknown.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiousity, what exactly don't you like about their art?

6. Jbreeny Guest

I've tried reading the Amazing Spider-Man under Dan Slot and I have found it to be pretty ok and solid but generally not good enough for me to pick up, I have a tight budget so I can't just keep buying titles that are bad just because I like the character.

I will see how this new Spider-Man goes and if it gets some good reviews I might consider picking it up.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the problem I find with a lot of stuff these days in Marvel and DC. You get great arcs, but then the next one is crappy and it's too expensive to keep on just because you're hoping for a rebound.

8. joshpierce Guest

Go and read the third volume of Utlimates, it's the same artist, and the art is just not something I really like. I am more of a Maleev, Lark fan.

9. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJondrew View Post
    That's the problem I find with a lot of stuff these days in Marvel and DC. You get great arcs, but then the next one is crappy and it's too expensive to keep on just because you're hoping for a rebound.
    Exactly. Spider-Man would be a fine example of this, he is one of my favourite characters but the quality of his book is so inconsistant, plus on top of that the book is bi-weekly which for me means to follow the book I need to drop 2 other books which I am just not willing to do for something as inconsistant as Spider-Man.

10. Slither Guest

I'm with Lupo here.

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast