Thread: PTF previews Capitol Punishment.

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

PTF previews Capitol Punishment.

Capitol Punishment

The last WWE PPV did as badly as December to Dismember. How bad was it…I can’t even remember the name of the PPV. Yikes. I guess that’s what happens when natural disasters, a recession, not building up to it…and you have the main event where every single person on the planet knows who is going to win. The only thing good out of this PPV is I have evidence Cena can’t draw. Maybe the theme PPVs weren’t so bad after all.

Please, god, have Matthews doing commentary. I watched Extreme Rules and Booker T sucks. He’s horrible. It’s a joke he’s even out there.

The Miz vs. Alex Riley: Riley, after countless times try to impress and help the Miz and taking all the blame for him not being able to Honky Tonk his belt back finally snapped. Well, this won’t be a four star match or anything. Heck, it might not even get two stars if Cole is as annoying as I think he will. This will be the make it or break it match for Riley. I gotta be honest, I’m thinking he’s going to fail. How many matches has he been in…about two that involved him being killed. Plus he was bland on the few sentences he got on RAW the last few weeks. I just don’t see how he’s going to be good because—besides the brawls with Miz—I haven’t seen anything from him. I think the Miz will do everything he can to help him out…but I don’t think the Miz is the type you want to help make you career in the ring. The Miz wins regardless.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio: Insert storyline from previous feud, put both wrestlers on RAW, change SES to New Nexus. I mean, I’m not complaining because it’ll be a great match, but…c’mon! How lazy is this? We’ve seen this match millions of time. How is doing the draft going to make new storylines…when all the RAW writers do is put matches on I’ve seen a million times on Smackdown. I’m torn here…y’know what—I’m going to say CM Punk to end his over year long streak of losing PPVs

Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio: Del Rio finally hit someone with is car…unfortunately it was the Big Show who is putting everyone from personal ring announcers to the 13th strongest man of over 15 years ago in Intensive Care. Alberto is probably going to find himself in a feud with Cena where Cena destroys him (Because Cena is so coooool), so I say he either cheats to win or wins by DQ when the Big Show goes nuts. Not going to be a good match, but I think it’ll be a short one.

Ezekiel Jackson vs Wade Barrett for the IC belt. So what exactly was the logic of Wade causing Slater and Gabriel to leave him alone after all the times it took them for him to win or escape Zeke? The WWE is booking Zeke the way the should have before they put him the Corre for heaven knows what reason. The guy kinda reminds me of Ahmed in how he’s not really that good in the ring (slam times three!!), but he just has this look to him. Wade hasn’t done anything with the belt (not that anyone has) so I see Zeke getting the legit win and becoming the new IC champ. I think it’ll be an okay match like the last one was.

For the US title: Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston. Again, I’ve seen this match a million times already on Smackdown. The US title—man, when Big Show beat Eddie, he killed that title like the cow used to make a burger to feed the Big Show. This will be a good to great match as both know each other and work well together. Kofi will do several incredible spots, mess up slightly on one, and be forever tarnished…staying the course there. I was going to go with Dolph Ziggler…but then he went and tweeted on Ryder’s defense on how Ryder not being on RAW was not cool and didn’t make sense. Man, if there’s one thing I’m sure of is this: The WWE writers and creative are the most spiteful pricks in all of wrestling kind. Kofi wins.

For the World Heavyweight title: Christian vs. Randy Orton.

Christian feels that he was screwed over by Teddy Long (no argument) when he had to defend his belt right after winning it to Orton and losing. Lost a rematch and decided to be a heel and turn on the fans. I don’t know why you would want a guy getting mega over to suddenly turn heel and ruin that, but whatever. And what’s up with Teddy Long? He doesn’t want to make a triple threat match for Christian, but he’ll give Sheamus a shot at it? WTF?! It also doesn’t help to make Christian a heel and have him go against a real heel in Sheamus. Just saying bookers. I don’t think this will be as good a match because Orton has a legit concussion. I honestly couldn’t tell from his promos at first—since they are all so unbelievably slow to begin with—but I’ve seen the reports. If the match happens, it’ll probably be short for Orton’s sake. I see Christian winning.

For the World Title R-Truth vs. John Cena. See, this is why I hate stale WWE. R-Truth is an entertaining and interesting heel, who could move up to the main event…but he won’t because he has his place (C-O-N…spiracy!) and Cena will be killing everyone until he faces the Rock. So basically, it’s wrestling hell for me. I’d like to say it’ll be a good match…but Cena’s so horrible—but I have faith in R-Truth plus his wackiness will make it a fun match since…how the hell do you make a plan to wrestle a crazy person? Cena wins—of course.

Well, it should be better than the last PPV, but I doubt it’ll do better in the buyrates. We all know Cena’s going to win. So no drama there. I’d rent it or wait for the DVD.

2. Thorne Guest

The Miz vs. Alex Riley: I like A Ry to win.

CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio: Punk is going nowhere, Rey ftw.

Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio: "Hey Alberto, you got knocked the fcuk out!"

Ezekiel Jackson vs Wade Barrett: Big, strong and useless Zeke loses.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston: Kofi loses because screw him!

Christian vs. Randy Orton: oh it will be short, an RKO out of nowhere ftw

We all know Cena’s going to win. So no drama there.
    R-Truth vs. John Cena: they're doing something with Truth, I dont know what it is yet but I think he beats Cena for the surprise factor

3. Thorne Guest

WWE Capitol Punishment Results

United States Championship: Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero) def. Kofi Kingston (c) by submission to the sleeper hold to win the United States Title.

Alex Riley def. The Miz (with Michael Cole) by pin following the A-Driver.

Alberto Del Rio (with Mark Henry) def. Big Show after the referee stops the match due to Big Show being unable to defend himself.

Intercontinental Championship: Ezekiel Jackson def. Wade Barrett (c) by submission to the Torture Rack to win the Intercontinental Title

The New Nexus Banned: CM Punk def. Rey Mysterio by pin following the GTS.

World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) def. Christian by pin following the RKO to retain.

Evan Bourne def. Jack Swagger by roll-up.

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) (with a young Cena fan) def. R-Truth by pin following the Attitude Adjustment to retain.

What a ripoff.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Swagger lost to Evan Bourne?? I mean, I respect Bourne. But there is no way he should go over there. No way at all. A guy of his size who sounds like a 13 year old girl on the mic is consigned for life to the midcard no matter what. Why the hell put him over a young prospect like Swagger. That is ridiculous.

Man, they have berried Jack completely.

Looks like another safe by the numbers favor the byline type WWE PPV. Orton wins. Cena wins. Young guys who should be further up the card exchange spots in the midcard (Kingston/Ziggler.) At least Punk finally won a money match against a MEr. I guess thats something.
    Last edited by Dragonlance; Monday, June 20, 2011 at 02:15 PM.