Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Superheroes and Terrorism PhD: Help required.

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am. I'm definitely not the real slim shadey

2. Flyattractor Guest

This thread is so nonoffensive I feel disgusted.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep - goes to show us comic book folks are (or can be) good people hahaha

4. TomLupo Guest

i can't figure it out....just read

5. Jamesdlogan Guest

Hey, I remember that issue! I used to have it many moons ago.

6. TomLupo Guest

great stuff.....all these old stories are collected in tpbs.

7. UCLGeogPhD Guest

Howdy,

So the general feeling is that the thread isn't offensive enough...don't really know how to rectify that. Well I suppose I could say that "Hawk the Slayer is rubbish" and that all that think it was a quality film aren't allowed to give opinions on my project, but then I'd just be ripping off Spaced (UK TV series starring Simon Pegg) and I have no thoughts towards Hawk the Slayer and its fanbase :P.

No, I have to concede that I don't really have a way to up the offence level. Which may actually make it more offensive due to is inoffensiveness perhaps?

Anyway thanks for the interest thus far, am still looking for participants if anyone else is happy to take part.

Thanks

Nick

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

How much response have you been getting from around the intertubes anyway?

9. Jamesdlogan Guest

Wow....a "Hawk the Slayer" reference!! I know it's an abysmally terrible movie....but I absolutely love it!! I just got it on DVD this last Christmas! As a young, impressionable 8 year old when I first saw it at a friends house, it was awesome to see an actual fantasy quest with elves, giants, dwarves....it didn't matter that it was one of the poorest quality films EVER made...lol.

10. UCLGeogPhD Guest

I'd estimate from submissions and comparing that to overall viewings of threads (not the best estimator but a good proxy) that I'm getting a 1:10 response from the fans. And something similar for the non-readers. But overall the response rate is much more consistent from those not reading comics surprisingly, whereas comic readers are responded well at the start and then have abrupt periods of response followed by expanses of nothingness. Get a higher response from women overall on non-reading returns (51%) whilst they only make up 7% of my fan returns which is a lower number than I expected to be honest.

You lovely Americans are accounting for a large portion of my comic fan returns (56%) with the UK coming in second at 25%.

So its going ok. But always looking for more lovely juicy opinions.

Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast