Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Recomendations

1. fenix1977 Guest

Atomic Robo (There are I think 5 trades right now and a new series starting in August)
    Chew ( Most of it is in trades)
    Locke and Key (In trades and down to its last 12 issues)
    Sixth Gun
    We Kill Monsters (if you can find the trade)
    Mouse Guard

2. ShutOffTheSun Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jbreeny View Post
    So lately I decided to venture outside my comfort zone on what I read. I grew up on my convential superheroes such as Superman and Batman so naturally when I got into the actual comics I gravitated to their books, which the odd exceptions being Hellblazer and a few others.

So anyway my point is that I decided to try out new books away from the convential superhero genre. I have heard good things about Lone Ranger from the podcast so I plan on picking that up. I am also giving Locke and Key and CVO from IDW a try aswell as Joe Hill's The Cape mini-series.

So basically I just want to get some recommendations from people on some books I could try out.
    if you really want to step far away from Superheros I'd recommend Berserk by Jet Comics. it's one of the best ongoing series right now.

or get the Nemesis TPB. It has boob-trapped uterus's in it, can't go wrong.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShutOffTheSun View Post
    It has boob-trapped uterus's in it, can't go wrong.
    WHAT!?!?!?!?! Marketing brilliance or what?

4. TomLupo Guest

exmachina is an awesome read,,,,so is the goon.
    hitman and boys are great reads.

5. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fenix1977 View Post
    Atomic Robo (There are I think 5 trades right now and a new series starting in August)
    Chew ( Most of it is in trades)
    Locke and Key (In trades and down to its last 12 issues)
    Sixth Gun
    We Kill Monsters (if you can find the trade)
    Mouse Guard
    Picked up the first Locke and Key trade since it was at my comic shop, haven't got round to reading it yet though.

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations, will definitely have to check a lot of these books out.

6. trusty Guest

For a non-superhero oriented comic book after hearing so many good things I eventually picked up the Fables trade paper backs and so far having read the first 5 trades I have enjoyed every page of it. Fables really took me by surprise I recommend that book to anyone.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually still haven't read Fables but I really should. Every single person I talk to who has seems to agree with you on it - they all seem to like it.

8. trusty Guest

When I first heard about the concept I was turned off: fairytale creatures and characters like Snow White and the like? But then I got that first trade and...I couldn't NOT finish the trade in one sitting. So I got the next trade and the next and the next.

9. Jamesdlogan Guest

Fables is great! When I first stopped buying comics, I would go to my local library to borrow the graphic novels they had to get my comic fix...and the library I was going to at the time had several of the Fables tpb's...so I started reading them. Very fun and interesting take on the fairy tale characters.

10. Jbreeny Guest

I finally got round to reading the first Locke and Key trade and I loved it, such a great book, can't wait to read the rest.

I might have to give Fables a try to as I have been hearing so much praise for it from numerous sources.

Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast