Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Find $20

1. JeffHaas Guest

Find $20

If you found a twenty dollar bill in the parking lot, what would you do? Keep it? Tell the manager of the store?

2. Thorne Guest

In the parking lot just laying there? Just a $20? Look to the left, look to the right... all clear? I just made $20 son!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I found a 5 in a pair of pants I bought once - I kept it.... and more gross, the pants too. :P

As for the $20, I'd probably wait for a few minutes to see if someone was looking for it, and if no one came then I'd probably keep it. I figure that the guy who I turn it into probably would keep it too.

Of course, sure I say that now, but in practise, who knows what I'd do. I tend to be too honest when it comes to things like this though.

4. Jbreeny Guest

I'd properly just take it as long as I could see nobody actively looking for it. I'd see it as being Gods way of telling me that I am a good **** and deserve more money

5. Jamesdlogan Guest

Cash is always hard...You can try to be honest and see who it belongs to, but you know as soon as you start asking people, they are going to say it is theirs. My rule of thumb, as a few times when my wife and I were first married we found up to $100 in the parking lot of our apartment building, is to hold the cash for a few days and see if anyone comes around asking about it...Unless I see who dropped it, or have a pretty good idea that I know who dropped it...this is about the best course of action that you can take. I once even had a manager at a job, when I found a $50 bill in the parking lot, to do just that. He told me if I turned it in, it would just get put in with the deposit, so I might as well keep it if no one came looking for it.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

What a good manager. I had a similar manager do that for a referral bonus. I think it was only $50 or $100 (and it was credit to the store lol) and they accidentally paid me in twice. I was honest and told him, and he said "lucky you!" and told me to keep it.

My thought process sounds like its the same as James' regarding cash. If you start asking, someones gonna say yes when it's actually not theirs.

So why do you ask Jeff - did you find a $20?

7. Murmur Guest

If i found a $20 i would pocket it as anyone who was asked would likely say it was theirs even if it wasnt.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

So Jeff - looks like we all agree on the $20 - did u keep it?

9. JeffHaas Guest

I did keep it. I did the look around thing, but in the end I knew I would feel like a dumbass if i had turned it in.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast