Thread: Thundra/Valkyrie vs Wonder Woman/Starfire

1. Thorne Guest

Thundra/Valkyrie vs Wonder Woman/Starfire

Fight in Victoria's Secret

2. Slither Guest

Wonder Woman could solo the Marvel team, IMO.

She has them on speed and can fly. And they cannot get out of the lasso.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming it's classic level WW, I agree with Slither. She can win by herself.

If it were recent level Diana, it's a close battle. Marvel might even win in that case.

4. Slither Guest

Did JMS really mress her up that bad?

5. UCLGeogPhD Guest

I'd have to agree that the classic level, with perhaps much more of the original characters bondage sub-text, would easily whip the rest...

6. RedCelestial Guest

Fortunately i'm not a Dc nuthugger (Like Slither and Imp) who use the lame assed Speed Kills Argument the Marvel Duo CAN take Classic WW IMO at least for a few

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slither View Post
    Did JMS really mress her up that bad?
    She seemed pretty mundane under his pen. His idea was taking her back to a new beginning which included a power down where she would grow and discover her abilities over time again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCelestial View Post
    Fortunately i'm not a Dc nuthugger (Like Slither and Imp) who use the lame assed Speed Kills Argument the Marvel Duo CAN take Classic WW IMO at least for a few
    It's not just speed. At classic levels, WW has class 100 strength, flight, just about the best skills of any top tier hero or heroine, and weapons like her lasso and tiara.

I actually prefer Val as a character to Diana, and there is some precedent for Val being able to give Diana trouble when one looks at Val's fights with Thor. Diana doesn't know Val though so she has little reason to temper her attacks above what she normally would. And Diana is a smarter and more skillful fighter than Thor. Albeit not quite as strong and somewhat less durable. Wondy is quite tough to put down though.

Despite their formidable skills, I'm not sure Thundra and Val bring enough raw firepower to ko WW with any kind of consistency. Especially since they can't double team her right off the bat with Starfire also around.
    Last edited by Dragonlance; Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 02:23 AM.

8. arishem Guest

t 2 ftw