Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX GETS NEW NAME TO GO WITH NEW POLICY!

1. Flyattractor Guest

NETFLIX GETS NEW NAME TO GO WITH NEW POLICY!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming they're doing this to push the streaming. They're probably realizing how much less overhead there is for streaming so they're encouraging it..... regardless, I think this is ultra crappy.

That being said, I only have Canadian netflix which sucks compared to US Netflix. There's not a lot of great movies on it. Instead of going "Lets watch movie X on netflix" you have to use it as "Lets watch a movie, whats on netflix?"

3. Jamesdlogan Guest

Supposedly part of this is to raise money to get better items on the streaming side of things. They are apparently trying to make deals to get single television episodes on immediately rather than waiting for the end of a season, and trying to get studios to allow them to put newer movies on the streaming as well. They feel they are doing this for their customers...to improve their library. Unfortunately, they are having to increase prices while they have a sucky library in order to raise funds to get a hopefully better library. Hopefully this will work, and we will get better choices on the streaming side.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's the exact sort of thing we had to do in Canada when Netflix first came up here. Their startup lineup was super-crappy, but I kept paying my $8 per month to hope that eventually it would get better. Now I'd say it's gone from super crappy to mostly-crappy with some decent stuff, but the decent stuff they've got is because they then had the revenue to deal with licensing etc.

I hope for netflix sake they can secure the licensing quickly.

5. Flyattractor Guest

I have enjoyed the NF but if they are gonna go and BlockBuster themselves in the foot,then so be it.

6. TomLupo Guest

i watch hulu for free

7. Chilli Guest

Chilli think there is more on netflix but netflix is getting too expensive for his blood.

8. Flyattractor Guest

Yeah. Might drop the ol'Flux when the price hike kicks in this sept.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

We talked about netflix last night on the podcast (comes out this weekend) - but I really think this is intentional to get people to go to streaming services.

10. Flyattractor Guest

Too bad not everything I wanna see is on the stream.

TOMMY PUT YER PANTS BACK ON!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast