Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DCnU, the new 52, and YOU - What will you be checking out?

1. trusty Guest

DCnU, the new 52, and YOU - What will you be checking out?

Now I know that many are upset about the reboot. I myself am not a fan of it in different departments of it, although I still remain a fan of DC and plan to get their books. To be honest, when they first showed the new 52 #1's that were going to come out, the only ones that REALLY piqued my interest were Aquaman #1, Justice League #1, and Savage Hawkman #1.

However now, the more I look at the solicits and the ideas presented forth...I am finding myself more and more intrigued in picking up more titles in this relaunch. At the moment I'm considering to pick up the following books:

- Aquaman
    - Justice League
    - Savage Hawkman
    - Justice League Dark
    - Demon Knights
    - Wonder Woman
    - Batwoman
    - O.M.A.C.
    - Green Lantern
    - Grifter
    - Stormwatch (recently added)
    - Men of War (recently added)
    - Static Shock (recently added)
    - Blue Beetle (recently added)

EDIT: Removed Nightwing & Red Hood and the Outlaws. Just not as excited for those books anymore. And now I'm considering Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E., damnit. I'm going to be spending so much cash.

What say the rest of you that have interest in buying the new books come September? Emphasis on the bolded part of my post. If your intent is to flame and complain about the reboot, look elsewhere because that is NOT what this thread is for.
    Last edited by trusty; Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

2. Thanks JeanSebastien thanked for this post
    Likes JeanSebastien liked this post
  3. Chilli Guest

Chilli is unsure about most of the titles. Chilli thinks that they are gonna make a lot of $ by readers discovering whether or not they still like titles. Chilli is hoping JL and Nightwing will be good.

4. TomLupo Guest

i'll probably just pick up action comics.

5. Jbreeny Guest

At first I was extremely dissapointed with this whole re-launch, but as time has gone on I have decided to be a little bit more positive and I am giving this relaunch a chance and seeing what happens.

Here is what I plan on getting:

Action Comics
    Superman
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Green Lantern
    Green Lantern: The New Guardians
    Green Lantern Corps
    Swamp Thing
    Justice League Dark
    Nightwing
    Green Arrow

I am picking up all of these because I think the creative teams are good and I love the characters. Hopefully I am proved right and the creative teams do wonders on these books, otherwise they will be dropped pretty quickly.

6. trusty Guest

Long list. My list isn't as long but it is going to be the most books on my pull-list ever. Before I think at most I'd collect like 4 or 5 titles, and if I picked up a new one I typically dropped an older one because of the plot or something.

7. Jamesdlogan Guest

Well, I will definitely be checking out Justice League, just because I am a huge Jim Lee fan, and it seems like this is the jumping point for the whole new take on everything.

From there I will mostly be looking at the Bat-books. Mostly:

Batman and Robin
    Batgirl: always been a big Barbara Gordon fan...and interested in how they are playing this out..
    Nightwing, as he is one of my favorite DC characters.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws, as I am a fan of Scott Lobdell's X-books.
    Teen Titans, again due to Scott Lobdell.
    Legion Lost, as a fan of Nicieza from his X-Men days.
    Blackhawks...I loved the 60's and 70's version...and Ken Lashley is a favorite artist.
    Grifter, as he has always been my favorite Wildstorm character.
    And probably Stormwatch as well....

8. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by trusty View Post
    Long list. My list isn't as long but it is going to be the most books on my pull-list ever. Before I think at most I'd collect like 4 or 5 titles, and if I picked up a new one I typically dropped an older one because of the plot or something.
    Yeah it is a pretty big list, however I am sure that a few of those books will be dropped after the first couple of issues. At this point in time I am just trying to be as open-minded as possible and give characters and creative teams I like a chance.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel and obligation to pick up Action Comics given that about I've shit on it. Probably will pick up some Batman and Robin and GL too. They're going to get far too much money from me right away to try new titles (which is totally what thye want so I'm angry)

10. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJondrew View Post
    I feel and obligation to pick up Action Comics given that about I've shit on it. Probably will pick up some Batman and Robin and GL too. They're going to get far too much money from me right away to try new titles (which is totally what thye want so I'm angry)
    We both have fallen into the trap set by DC

11. trusty Guest

This is the first time that DC has pulled me towards reading most of their "likely to be less popular by a random customer" type of books. I think that explains it well enough because everyone and their mother knows Batman and Superman so if they walked into a comic shop and wanted to start reading comics they are likely to go to those two books first. Majority of my books I'd say aren't as likely for a new reader that only knows Bats and Supes. So I'm excited for once being intrigued by books I normally would second guess about picking up.

Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast