Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Writeres/Artists who have never let you down - Nods to Tom Lupo!

1. Slither Guest

Writeres/Artists who have never let you down - Nods to Tom Lupo!

Tom mentioned in a thread that George Perez has never let him down. And I agree with him.

Do you have any writers or artists that you feel that way about?

2. TomLupo Guest

AS FAR AS ART GOES....I'D ALSO GO WITH JIM STARLIN..

WRITER---THATS A HARD ONE...

3. Slither Guest

I like Starlin's art.

And I LOVED Ron Lim's cosmic work, too.

I think it's Red Celestial told me Lim's work went to sh*t on some runs after I stopped collecting. Shame that.

4. TomLupo Guest

HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT LIM.....TOO BAD...HE WAS GREAT.

5. Slither Guest

Yeah, he was.

Aside from Starlin, he's my fave artist on guys like Surfer, Thanos, and Mar-Vell.

6. Jamesdlogan Guest

I'm not sure how to answer this one...I mean, I always love Jim Lee's work...but there have been issues with deadlines and such...

Mark Bagley is a very underrated artist that always delivers quality art and very classic comic art, IMHO.

Writers is extremely hard...I can't think of a writer that has consistently been great. I love Claremonts run on the X-Men...but I have never cared for any of his other work....and when he came back in the late 90's it wasn't as good either. I will say, I can't think of a time when Busiek has ever let me down...I have always loved just about everything I have read of his work.

7. Jbreeny Guest

This is a hard one, as of right now there are a couple of writers and artists who I have thoroughly enjoyed and who I have not seen a bad piece of work out of. The writers would be Scott Snyder and Majorie Liu. At this moment in time I am extremely happy with both those writers. As for artists, well that is a lot harder as most artists have let me down at some point, whether it has been through bad art work or actual delays. Perez would be an artist who has never let me down quality wise.

8. Slither Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdlogan View Post
    I will say, I can't think of a time when Busiek has ever let me down...I have always loved just about everything I have read of his work.
    I'd agree except for one major story: JLA/Avengers

9. TomLupo Guest

it never ends with the jla/avengers books bein' hated....that is one of my all time favorite stories.....

back to writer....everything i read from roy thomas i liked.....there are several of his books i didn't read....but he is a favorite.

10. Slither Guest

Thirded on Roy Thomas.

His All-Star Squadron was also great fun.

I am also a huge Mark Gruenwald mark. Having trouble remembering him letting me down....

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast