Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do u want

1. Jehoe Guest

What do u want

Im currently building funds for my own comic book shop, over here in Britain. I want to know what is it that makes you guys go to your local stores and buy items? What do u expect to find other than just comics? What makes it a great place?

2. Flyattractor Guest

LOBO.

Now go kick a bastich.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally mainly pick up comics in my shop, sorry Hopefully others can help!

4. Jehoe Guest

Thank you for the reply. So how about lobo comics eh?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to note as well that my comic book shop (which just opened up another location in the past year) has been around for quite sometime. Although they do a lot of comics sales I do notice that they do have what I'd guess to be around an 1/8th of their their store dedicated to action figures and other items of that nature. They have some comics, some sci-fi, and I notice their product does seem to move. They have some lower ticket items (Action Figures) and they have some higher ticket items too.

That being said, I've also heard that it depends on the market you're in. I know TomLupo here used to work in a store - and Steve Boyd (Valiant1) used to own one. I think the last thing you want to do is get bogged down on items you can't move.

6. Thanks thanked for this post
  7. TomLupo Guest

other sales aside from comics was---pokemon cards, yu-gi-oh cards, basebal cards,
    posters, shirts, hats and of course tpbs.
    as i told someone else---this is not a good time to open a comic shoppe---sales are on a major decline.

8. Thanks thanked for this post
  9. Jamesdlogan Guest

IN talking to a local owner, it's a good idea to look at other comics shops that are closest to you. Here in the Vancouver, WA area, the owners all work together a bit, and they focus on a bit different aspects. One owner specializes in the high ticket items...rare high priced comics, signed items, and original artwork....while another focuses on tbp's and action figures, and another in gaming and trading cards.....all offer new comics, but they each have a specific focus other than the new comics. Hope this helps some:-)

10. Thanks thanked for this post
  11. Jehoe Guest

thanks for posts guys. Im hoping in a few years the market will pick up, and then i'll open. Thats an interesting idea jameslogan, working side by side with other owners. What would guys say is the hardest part of running a comic book store?

12. Flyattractor Guest

Putting up with the jerky customers.

13. TomLupo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoe View Post
    thanks for posts guys. Im hoping in a few years the market will pick up, and then i'll open. Thats an interesting idea jameslogan, working side by side with other owners. What would guys say is the hardest part of running a comic book store?
    figuring out how many comics you need to order.....

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast