Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do u want

1. TomLupo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdlogan View Post
    It depends alot on the store size, how much your sales are, what hours you want to be open, and how much time you plan on putting into it yourself. When I had my used bookstore, the only employees were my wife and I, and we were open from 10am-6pm Tuesday-Saturday and closed Sunday and Monday. One of the local comic shops near me is just run by the owner and his wife, while the other is run by the owner and his wife and 2 part time employees. For the first couple, their store is their primary work and income...the other owner works full time for a major corporation, so he is only in the store during the weekends. Of course, over in Portland, there are several Things From Another World (TFAW) stores which are owned by Darkhorse comics...and I believe each of them has about 3 full time employees and 4 or 5 part time employees. I recently was looking into a franchise, and talked to the owner of one of the franchise stores, who has a full time manager, a marketing/media manager, and a couple of other employees, and the owner only works about 20 hours a week. Again, I would do some research on some of the other stores near you...see how they have their employee systems set up. :-)
    THINK ABOUT THAT OVERHEAD...RESEARCH CAN ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR. I HAVE EXPLAINED ENOUGH THAT ITS NOT A BUSINESS TO INVEST IN AT THIS TIME.

2. Jehoe Guest

Well i need the money first so this wont be for a few years at least 3, by that time hopefully the industry will improve.

3. UCLGeogPhD Guest

Where you looking to open the store?

4. Flyattractor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoe View Post
    Well i need the money first so this wont be for a few years at least 3, by that time hopefully the industry will improve.
    The way things are going. You better plan on at least 30 years.

5. TomLupo Guest

IN 30 YEARS THE ONLY COMIC LEFT BEING PUBLISHED IS THE RED HULK IN 1,000 MARVEL COMICS.

6. Flyattractor Guest

By then even Sentry will be cool again..

BWHAHAHAHA !|

No not really

7. TomLupo Guest

i liked the sentry....i don't know why he gets so much hatred.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UCLGeogPhD View Post
    Where you looking to open the store?
    Yea - where abouts were you planning on opening?

9. Flyattractor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TomLupo View Post
    i liked the sentry....i don't know why he gets so much hatred.
    poorly done superman clone

WHATS TO LOVE?!

10. Jehoe Guest

It would be in Britain, probably in the cotswolds area. A very nice place

Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast