Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: IDW Listens to the fans

1. Jbreeny Guest

IDW Listens to the fans

At SDCC IDW announced that they have listened to the fans and that they will be continuing the old Marvel Transformers series from issue 81. The title will only run to issue 100 but thats still close to two years worht of comics. Simon Furman is also returning to write the series.

The push for the continuation of series happened a few months back when Furman said he would love to actually continue and finish his Marvel Transformers series and from that fans started petitions and pleaded on IDW's website to make it happen, and so they did.

Now I am too young to remember the old series but I am a fan of The Transformers and I am just glad to see that some comics do actually listen to their fans.

2. Jamesdlogan Guest

That's pretty awesome! I just found out a few months back that Larry Hama is back on G.I.Joe, and they picked it up where he left off with his old Marvel series as well. I may have to get this Transformers series...

3. TomLupo Guest

I REMEMBER WHEN TRANSFORMERS MOVIE #2 CAME OUT THE COMICS SALES WAS ABOUT 5 IN THE STORE...A VERY BAD NUMBER...

4. TomLupo Guest

AND G.I. JOE SOLD ABOUT THE SAME COPIES...THIS WAS ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO......THOSE NUMBERS CAN BARELY KEEP THE FRANCHISE ALIVE...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear this...although I'm not big on all these different Transformers comics running parallel to each other. I would have been much more content to see them roll the current continuity into the previous MARVEL one. That's what I was hoping CHAOS addressed. Still, I'm pretty stoked Anyone who listens regularly to our podcast knows I'm a big IDW TF fan!

6. Jbreeny Guest

Got to agree that I am not keen on it either. Come January IDW will have 2 ongoings for their own Transformers continuity, a 8-page digital comic in their continuity and one ongoing for the Marvel series. Thats a lot of titles.

I really love The Transformers in general, it was the first comic I can remember reading and the first show I remember watching. When I was a kid my Mum would take myself and my siblings to the videostore every couple of weeks to each rent a film and for a very long time I always picked The Transformers Animated Movie.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if the fans wanted it this a great thing. Maybe the other titles (which from my understanding have some criticism) will die soon after the launch of this and then this can be the mainstream transformers title.

8. TomLupo Guest

TRUST ME...THESE COMICS SELL AT LOW NUMBERS....

9. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJondrew View Post
    I think if the fans wanted it this a great thing. Maybe the other titles (which from my understanding have some criticism) will die soon after the launch of this and then this can be the mainstream transformers title.
    The IDW Transformers series was very good up until the ongoing started, it became very slow paced and boring, but with issue 17 everything quickly turned around and every issue has just been getting better and better and the latest issue no.22 is one of the best comics I have read this year from any company, it was such an awesome comic.

10. Flyattractor Guest

I am enjoying IDW's Doctor Who. Some of their Ghostbusters were pretty good too.
    Would love it if Simon Furman could do some more of his Death's Head (1).

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast