Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Four -- thoughts?

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic Four -- thoughts?

So whats your thoughts on this? http://www.projectfanboy.com/2011/08...ming-november/

We talked about that when we recorded the podcast last night. Today we got sent this....

http://www.projectfanboy.com/2011/08...s-teaser-four/

2. trusty Guest

I'm not a huge Marvel reader, but my brother who is moreso a Marvel fan while I'm a DC fan keeps me up to date. Also as far as I can tell people have been loving the Future Foundation concept and book. Marvel with that teaser not only hints the end of the Future Foundation but that teaser hints that maybe Human Torch is going to be back...already. That's my bigger problem. If they are already bringing back Johnny then that makes me thing 2 things 1) the original person behind the idea of the Future Foundation may have wanted to go to a different project so Marvel doesn't trust someone else to work on it and 2) Wow, that's just dumb he hasn't been dead long enough.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to spoil any podcast discussions but I could SWEAR you somehow already heard our discussion over it :P

4. trusty Guest

Haha, no but am looking forward to it.

5. fenix1977 Guest

FF has been well Fantastic. Everyone knew that at some point Fantastic Four would be back. It will be interesting to see if this has anything to do with the fall out from Fear Itself. Wouldn't it be interesting if Reed decides that the only way to stop Ben is to banish him to the Negative zone. In doing so they stumble upon Johnny and his return in part helps to save Ben. His return would remove the remorse Ben feels over Johnny's death.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a sort of cool storyline. Seems a bit far away though for it to continue on, but I guess maybe. I personally think its too soon to bring him back, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

7. TomLupo Guest

i
    quit the book after johnny disappered in the negative zone...see....i said disappered

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I think although a lot us say he died, the truth is that we say that because Marvel brainwashed us. It's pretty apparent in the issue they don't actually show him technically dead. So this Fantastic Four thing isn't really a surprise -- but I'm surprised how quickly he's coming back.

9. Jbreeny Guest

I have been really enjoying the FF, the book has been a lot of fun and I think that Hickman has been doing a very good job on the book and one side of me is saying bringing back Johnny now is way too son but the other side of me really wants Johnny back as he is my favourite F4 member and one of my favourite Marvel characters, so I am split on what I really want to happen .

10. trusty Guest

Last edited by trusty; Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast