Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: JL Title Orders Over 200k

1. Jbreeny Guest

JL Title Orders Over 200k

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...-topping-200k/

So I see this as big news. Justice League has over 200k worth of comics orderded and there are another 6 titles that are over 100k. There has been no information on the other titles but nothing to suggest they aren't selling very well. And on top of that this isn't including digital sales. Now DC just need to make sure that their content is good so that they sustain that kind of level of readership.

2. Jamesdlogan Guest

Sustaining their content is the big key here. What I am afraid they will do is pull in all these new readers (and hopefully retain some of the old as well), but then in a few months, come back and return everything to where it was at the beginning of summer, thus alienating all the new readers, and upsetting all the old who felt this was just a sales ploy from the beginning. I am hoping that this is not the case, and that they do continue with the new DCU....but I'm not going to expect them to stick to this new path.....

3. Jbreeny Guest

From the sound of it DC are really commited to this and there is no going back which is a good thing for the reasons you pointed out JamesDLogan.

I'm just glad to see this seems to be paying off for DC and all that is left for them to do now is to back it up with good content to sustain these figures.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty surprised to hear about this; however, I'm going to guess a lot of people have bought it with the collector mentality. Now maybe someone like Steve Boyd can chime in, but if people are buying this with a collector mentality and there are this many copies being sold, doesn't it deflate its potential value?

Whatever the case, I really hope that DC does get some good stories and maintain them.

5. trusty Guest

They later confirmed the other titles over the 100k mark. They were Batman, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, Superman, Action Comics, and The Flash.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

That's crazy consdering they aren't even out yet. Hopefully it'll be the boom we need in comics!

You know whats weird tho -- think about how many people (like myself) plan on buying digitally!

7. Jbreeny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJondrew View Post
    I was pretty surprised to hear about this; however, I'm going to guess a lot of people have bought it with the collector mentality. Now maybe someone like Steve Boyd can chime in, but if people are buying this with a collector mentality and there are this many copies being sold, doesn't it deflate its potential value?

Whatever the case, I really hope that DC does get some good stories and maintain them.

You are correct. The more copies there are the less the actual comic will be worth.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many of these people are actually NEW readers of comics? They could be Marvel fans who are just sick of paying through the nose for comics and see this as a great jumping on point. It could also just be a lot of comic store owners are going to be stuck with extra copies.

9. trusty Guest

Well isn't DC allowing for returns from comic shops or something for a certain amount of time? I didn't read into detail on it but I thought that there was some return thingy should so many books not sell.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but the consensus on Twitter is that this is just a bunch of people checking out the #1s and that the numbers will drop a month or two later.

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast