Thread: Batman vs Superman

1. arishem Guest

Batman vs Superman

will bats win in the next issue

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not familiar with this to be honest. Give me a run down of whats been going on.

3. arishem Guest

its an all new telling of stories

bats doesn't know who hal jordan is

displays some speed feats, there's the word dark side and darkseid is indeed the first villian

hal and bats battle some villians towards the end, supes knocks out hal and is waiting for batman

4. trusty Guest

Johns I believe talks about how this time with the classic Bats VS Supes that it is going to take the more realistic and logical route. Basically that SHOULD mean that Supes is going to toss Batman around like a ragdoll without trying. Hence why in the cover of issue 2 Lee said that he gave Superman no true expression because the idea is that Supes is going "this is boring...too easy...whatever" as Batman is struggling to try to choke him with GL's construct chain.

But then Lee somewhat counteracted that I believe in the same panel at SDCC listening to the podcast...saying how "yea but Batman is Batman" or some shit. I for one want Supes to kick his ass. I don't care how you write it if you write Batman with the intent of trying to kill Superman and Superman also with the intent of trying to kill Batman then Superman wins 10 times out of 10. And keep in mind I don't like Superman so I'm not being biased I'm being logical. Not ONE time in the past with them making little fights did the writers ever truly write Superman as not holding back even when mind controlled and shit.

Which is why I commend Superman Sacrifice since in the story it has Superman mind controlled and beats the shit out of Wonder Woman given he isn't holding back. No way in hell not with all the prep time in the world can Batman beat Superman if he is going 100% all out.
    Last edited by trusty; Thursday, September 01, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

5. JeffHaas Guest

Batman could have kryptonite with him when he fights Superman. That is a pretty classic move for him. Are those gloves that make him stronger.

6. arishem Guest

b interesting if this is some new retcon

supes should win easily, but bats is crafty

7. trusty Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHaas View Post
    Batman could have kryptonite with him when he fights Superman. That is a pretty classic move for him. Are those gloves that make him stronger.
    Granted they mention that he studied "the alien of Metropolis" and all but in the end for him to have Kryptonite would be so dumb because of the fact that that is the most obvious route for Batman to have a chance. People like to reference the kryptonite ring but the only reason he had that at one point is because Superman gave it to him. No other time before that did Batman have K-rock "on him".

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arishem View Post
    its an all new telling of stories

bats doesn't know who hal jordan is

displays some speed feats, there's the word dark side and darkseid is indeed the first villian

hal and bats battle some villians towards the end, supes knocks out hal and is waiting for batman
    How am I not aware of this? Lol. I suck! :P