Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SEB-standard: Week 17 - Defending my Hero: Me, Megacon, and the Blue Beetle

1. DavidPaul Guest

I actually made a grown man cry once when I told him Superman (his favorite hero) was a pussy. I was doing this as a joke, of course, but also to get a rise out of him. If I had known I would be opening the flood gates I would have... wait. I was going to say something nice there but that would be lying.

Good times.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidPaul View Post
    I actually made a grown man cry once when I told him Superman (his favorite hero) was a pussy. I was doing this as a joke, of course, but also to get a rise out of him. If I had known I would be opening the flood gates I would have... wait. I was going to say something nice there but that would be lying.

Good times.
    You, Sir, should work for Hallmark!
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

3. Dingo Guest

Good times.
    Wow. That's commitment to a character.
    Assuming there is no sort of mental impairment involved, that is sad.

Put Superman is a bit of a pussy who cries a lot lately, so maybe he just wanted to be like him.

4. DavidPaul Guest

lol
    Well, I have to say that, in all honesty, I actually do like Superman. Now, I'm not a fan of the comics. I think most writers make him seem rather ridiculous and others take his abilities just way too far. But I do like the show Smallville and I do like the movies. Yes. Even Superman Returns. I know. For all you Superman comics fans that just seems like an insult. I'm okay with that.

5. Dingo Guest

lol
    Well, I have to say that, in all honesty, I actually do like Superman. Now, I'm not a fan of the comics. I think most writers make him seem rather ridiculous and others take his abilities just way too far. But I do like the show Smallville and I do like the movies. Yes. Even Superman Returns. I know. For all you Superman comics fans that just seems like an insult. I'm okay with that.
    Personally, I could take him or leave him, but I'd love to know what you liked about Superman Returns.

Four things in that movie stand out as having lost me.

1) Luthor does a real estate scam again.
    2) Supes watches Lois go up an elevator shaft with x-ray vision. Looked like he was looking up her skirt.
    3) He literally was hiding in the bushes and watching her. Creepy.
    4) The climax was lifting a rock. I know it was kryptonite, but the way it was filmed, it had all the excitement and drama of lifting a rock.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Seb, this is one of the most well thought out articles on why a character should return as I've possibly ever seen. Judging from this one, I can tell I've got a lot of reading to do.
    Read Jonah Hex

This is OUR Mascot. You keep the buckeye. Go Blue.

7. JeffHaas Guest

As a DC fan, who has grown increasingly sour with Didio's handprint on the DCU, I know how you feel. I am still waiting for the return of Ronnie Raymond. Talk about a meaningless death of a once very popular hero. I am still trying to figure out if Didio loves or hates the 80's. Yes he did bring back Geoforce and Black Lightning, among other, but he does seem to have a habit of butchering them as well.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
    Wow. Seb, this is one of the most well thought out articles on why a character should return as I've possibly ever seen. Judging from this one, I can tell I've got a lot of reading to do.
    Thanks. I've spent a lot of time coming up with a method and reason for Ted's valid and effective return. My own BLUE BEETLE: REBIRTH, if you will. Bringing him back and ensuring he stays viable this time out.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHaas
    As a DC fan, who has grown increasingly sour with Didio's handprint on the DCU, I know how you feel. I am still waiting for the return of Ronnie Raymond. Talk about a meaningless death of a once very popular hero. I am still trying to figure out if Didio loves or hates the 80's. Yes he did bring back Geoforce and Black Lightning, among other, but he does seem to have a habit of butchering them as well.
    Jeff, I hear ya. The 80's characters have certainly taken a bloody beating over the past few years!
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2