Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gorilla Grodd vS Xavier

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Gorilla Grodd vS Xavier

In a battle to control the other telepathically, who would win?

Grodd
    Grodd's psionic abilities allow him to place other beings under his mental control. Grodd can also project telekinetic force beams, telekinetically transmute matter, and transfer his consciousness into other bodies. He possesses great physical strength far exceeding that of an ordinary gorilla. He is a scientific genius who has mastered Gorilla City's advanced technology and who has created many incredible inventions of his own.
    Xavier
    Professor X is a mutant who possesses vast telepathic powers, and is among the most powerful telepaths in the Marvel Universe.

Professor X is able to perceive the thoughts of others or project his own thoughts within a radius of approximately 250 miles (402 km). With extreme effort, he can greatly extend the range of his telepathy. He can learn foreign languages by reading the language centers of the brain of someone adept, and alternately "teach" languages to others in the same manner; Xavier once trained a new group of mutants mentally, subjectively making them experience months of training together, while only hours passed in the real world.

Xavier's vast psionic powers enable him to manipulate the minds of others, warp perceptions to make himself seem invisible, project mental illusions, cause loss of particular memories, and induce pain or temporary mental and/or physical paralysis in others. Within close range, he can manipulate almost any number of minds for such simple feats. However, he can only take full possession of one other mind at a time, and must strictly be within that person's physical presence. He is one of the few telepaths skilled enough to communicate with animals and even share their perceptions. He has displayed telepathic prowess sufficient to confront Ego the Living Planet, while aided by Cadre K as well as confront and narrowly defeat Exodus.

He can cause the loss of specific memories or even total amnesia. He can also project powerful mental 'bolts,' enabling him to stun the mind of another person into unconsciousness or even cause death. These 'bolts' inflict damage only upon other minds, having a negligible effect on non-mental beings, if any. The manner in which Xavier's powers function indicates that his telepathy is physical in some way, as it can be enhanced by physical means (e.g., Cerebro) and can be disrupted by physical means (e.g., Magneto's alteration of the Earth's magnetic field).

Xavier can perceive the distinct mental presence/brain waves of other superhuman mutants within a small radius of himself. To detect mutants to a wider area beyond this radius, he must amplify his powers through Cerebro and subsequently Cerebra, computer devices of his own design which are sensitive to the psychic/physical energies produced by the mind.

Professor X can project his 'astral form' into a psychic 'dimension' known as the 'astral plane.' There, he can use his powers to create objects, control his surroundings, and even control and destroy the astral forms of others. He cannot project this form over long distances.

Uncanny X-Men writer Ed Brubaker has claimed that, after being de-powered by the Scarlet Witch, and then re-powered by the M'Kraan Crystal, Charles' telepathy is more powerful than was previously known. However, the extent of this enhancement is unknown.

Charles is a genius with multiple doctorates. He is a world-renowned geneticist, an expert in mutation, possesses considerable knowledge of life sciences, and is the inventor of Cerebro. He is the leading authority on genetics, mutation, and psionic powers, and possesses considerable expertise in other life sciences. He possesses a Ph.D. in genetics, biophysics, and psychology. He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers.

During his travels in Asia, Xavier learned martial arts, acquiring "refined combat skills" according to Magneto. When these skills are coordinated in tandem with his telepathic abilities, Xavier is a dangerous unarmed combatant, capable of sensing the intentions of others and countering them with superhuman efficiency. He also has extensive knowledge of pressure points.

2. MattGrant Guest

The rational answer would probably be Prof X, but I'm going with Grodd.

Prof X has no physical prowess, Grodd does. Prof X would think he's all badass with his mental crap, but Grodd wouldn't have to fight back mentally. He would just have to bock X's mental attacks and then go over and pound the living poop out of him.

NO MERE MAN NOR MUTANT IS MATCH FOR THE SIMIAN SUPERIORITY OF GORILLA GRODD!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Grodd is definitely the cooler of the two, but I think the fact that Prof. X is supposed to be one of the most powerful psychics on the planet might prove too much for Grodd to block out. Grodd ain't no punk though so you never know I guess. If the Flash has to react faster than Grodd can think or he's toast... that's a pretty bad dude, ya know?

4. MattGrant Guest

Yeah, I'm kinda biased because I'm a Flash fan waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I'm an X-Men fan, and Grodd is one of my favorite Flash villians (up there with Cap'n Cold and the original Trickster).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Grodd. No question.

Xavier, for all his telepathic prowess, is still a MAN and a rational one at that. Grodd has the telepathy and the intellect and that pure primal rage of a giant freaking silver-back gorilla!

Besides, Grodd doesn't need to totally out-telepathy the Prof., he just needs to resist long enough to close the distance and tear the little bald man to shreds.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

6. MattGrant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianPiccione View Post
    Besides, Grodd doesn't need to totally out-telepathy the Prof., he just needs to resist long enough to close the distance and tear the little bald man to shreds.
    That's what I was trying to say!

7. powerverse Guest

Hey don't forget Xaiver can always think " MY X-MEN MEN COME SAVE ME BEFORE THE GIANT SILVER BACK HAS ME FOR LUNCH!!!" "JEAN! AARRGHHH AAARGGGH JEAN SAVE ME!!!

8. powerverse Guest

or something like that right....

9. Slither Guest

Original post says this is a battle to control the other telepathically.

Based on that, I say Xavier.

If anything goes and they start about a hundred yards apart, Xavier dies under a Nissan Versa.

10. comicbookfan21 Guest

professor x wins this.

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast