Thread: B&N: Special Announcement!

1. StevenForbes Guest

B&N: Special Announcement!

Hello, everyone.

I've been alluding to a large project for months now, both here and in my blog. Well, that project just came a lot closer to reality. While it's not there yet, the probability of it has become much greater.

With that probability, my work output may be decreased. I will do my best to weather what's coming, but B&N may be put on hiatus while I do the project. It's not a definite thing, and there are other things I will give up first, but if it's not enough, then I'll put this column on the shelf for a while.

I will let everyone know how it comes about in another post. I just wanted you to know about the possibility.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn you, and your successful endeavors!

Seriously, best o' luck with the new project.

May it be a huge success, so that you can recommend me to astonished publishers!
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

3. StevenForbes Guest

Thanks, Seb.

It's all about little steps. Little steps become big steps. You've got to put in the work, and be ready when opportunity presents itself.

If this project does what I hope, I hope every single one of you goes out and buys a copy in support. AND, hopefully you'll learn a little something about something you probably use every day and don't think much about. If that happens, then I've done my job.

4. Sliverbane Guest

Awww! Nah, it's all good. I'll find something to distract me while B&N is on pause.

5. StevenForbes Guest

I'm going to try not to have it go on pause, Silverbane. I've been doing this for about 8 months now, and there's a decent readership. I'd hate to lose that momentum.

6. JamesFreeman Guest

CONGRATS!!!!

Any major hints? Publishers? Characters?

7. StevenForbes Guest

No hints, major or minor. There's nothing really to talk about as yet except the probability of the project. If it comes, great, and I go dark. If it doesn't come, then there's still more waiting to be done.

In the meantime, everyone continues to march.

Characters? Yup. The guy's a character, all right...

8. TommyBrownell Guest

Thing is, even if things DO grind to a halt, you have given out a great deal of information and have been a TREMENDOUS help to the rest of us...so thanks for that.

Whatever the project is, good luck, good sir.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your Project Forby, as Tommy said, you've put some great work into your columns and have helped many aspiring writers with your advice. Bolts & Nuts will be missed if it ends up having to take a back shelf, but it's definitely understandable and you've done amazing work with it, so I just wanted to say thank you. :cool: