Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SEB-standard: Week 22 - Me, you, and the LCS!

1. LiamBradley Guest

yeah there is no denying that it should be. For god's sake there shouldn't be famine and drought either, but some things we just can't help!!!

Pesky costume wearing dorques.

2. tiggerpete Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianPiccione View Post
    Ok, wow! I see you guys have been busy in here while I was working.

...well, fine, at this point, how could I not explore the possibility of making COMIC SHOP: The Movie?

I'm picturing an opeining with the PROJECT FANBOY logo, and the superhero in the "O" roaring like the MGM lion.
    or there could be a shot of Stan Lee just shaking his head. sort of a "what the crap?" kind of thing, especially if unitards get involved.

how about this for an open, this guy is walking down the street with a letter jacket on, a car pulls up, and a scrawny kid pokes his head out the window. He yells "Nerd!" before driving off. follow that with the jock turning the corner into the shopping area where the PFB comic shop is. He goes inside, proceeds to take his jacket off, and we see he is wearing a PFB shirt. He proceeds to launch a conversation with one of the other customers about how unfair the rest of the world treats comic fans, and proceeds to tell about Jimmy, the A/V guy who keeps making fun of him for his passion for comics.

Have like a backstory that Jimmy was molested as a child by his uncle dressed as Spiderman or something to explain his hatred of comics, and he becomes our "villain" who through the course of events learns to accept comics back into his life.

Sorry, I tend to go on tangents too

3. LiamBradley Guest

lmao, molested by a dude in a spider-man outfit...

see to be honest, it's sooo rediculous that it would be funny and would work.

4. tiggerpete Guest

hey, it is clear motivation, and may inspire sympathy in his journey to redemption, last shot, we see Jimmy with a smile reading Amazing Spiderman, uplifting music, then credits, not a dry eye in the house. may be a bit cheesy though.

5. LiamBradley Guest

heart wrenching stuff

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so afraid right now.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

7. LiamBradley Guest

embrace it...EMBRACE THE FEAR AND USE IT!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not embracing ANYTHING if it's still wearing the UNITARD!!!

CAT. 5

9. LiamBradley Guest

fine then, ya big prude!!!

flannel pyjamas then.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I can live with that. Flannel is manly!

And, I RAN in pajamas for the FLASH RACE....which brings us back to the topic, what kind of things would YOU guys like to see comic stores doing to

a) benefit you, the steady customer

as well as

b) bring in new readers and ensure they come back?

Yeah, you like that! I'm like the US NAVY of columnsits, rescuing my shanghaied thread from you posting pirates!
    Last edited by SebastianPiccione; Friday, April 17, 2009 at 01:36 PM.

CAT. 5

Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast