Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 16: DON'T BUY THIS COMIC!

1. LiamBradley Guest

Yeah, Forbidden Planet is where I buy my comics, if A1 wasn't such a pain in the ass walk to get to (I'm soooo lazy), I'd go there all the time. A1 still isn't what a Comic Shop should be, but it's closer than FP, that's probably cause it's never as busy though!

Yeah, it is City Centre Comics, I have that stamped on the back of all the boards in my comic slips!

okay so what we gotta do is this

1) Start the Glasgow Comic Club.
    2) Lead all the members into a false sense of security.
    3) Get them all to invest in a store and put it in our names.
    4) Take over said store.
    5) Win!!

2. JohnLees Guest

I think the Glasgow Comic Club, if done right, could very well end up being that hub of comic community, filling the role of "local comic store" without actually being a store.

3. LiamBradley Guest

haha, that's so true. Glasgow's crying out for it.

4. LukeHalsall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLees View Post
    I think the Glasgow Comic Club, if done right, could very well end up being that hub of comic community, filling the role of "local comic store" without actually being a store.
    Yea definitely

Personally i feel that Forbidden Planet is more homely than A1. Whenever I go in there, the staff all look at you as if you've walked into the Catina from Star Wars. But do get your point that Forbidden Planet is the Starbucks of comics in Glasgow.

Still pretty good thou.

5. LiamBradley Guest

the staff are just miserable though!
    Even if you're in there and buy a stack of 10 comics, nope, not a smile! haha

been like that for as long as I can remember.

6. LukeHalsall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LiamBradley View Post
    the staff are just miserable though!
    Even if you're in there and buy a stack of 10 comics, nope, not a smile! haha

been like that for as long as I can remember.
    U still talking bout forbidden planet? always happy chappys when i go in.

7. LiamBradley Guest

Yeah Forbidden Planet. There's only one young guy I can think of that shows a shred of character! They're all like drones.

probably don't like me cause I don't fit the typical comic enthusiast stereotype.

8. LukeHalsall Guest

Just being to the Planet. Made the girl laugh. Go Me. Haha

Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2