Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 17 18 19

Thread: Introductions thread!

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site - as Thorne said, some really great indie stuff to be found too. As for "big two", I have to say that so far the main title that is popping up in my head lately as being very consistent and fun to read is FF. Only a few issues in right now so great time to get caught up.

As for DC - I'm really disliking a lot of the Flashpoint stuff so I can't help ya out, sorry

2. trusty Guest

Huh forgot that I never made an introduction post. I guess I got mixed up because I believe that there was a thread somewhere here talking about "how you got into comics" or something so there are...slight...similarities that I forgot about this thread.

My name is Sergio I'm 23 years old Dominican American born and raised in NY but moved down to TX about 12 years ago. To give the insanely short version I got into comics around the time that Batman Hush was being done and at first went back and only read older Batman stories but then my curiosity got the best of me and I checked out some other characters. Funny story because I was a Batman fan since I was a child only did not read comics until that time and when I found out about all of the great characters DC Comics has to offer, Aquaman ended up becoming my new number 1 character haha.

Former Engineering Major and went to Engineering School for several years but in the end I came to the realization that "wow...I can do the work but I am miserable doing these 60-70 hr long projects and I like the math but can't stand the physics and mechanics" so I decided to recently change to an Accounting major and am currently pursuing that. Sucks that I changed majors so late and so far into the Engineering Program but I just felt like it wasn't for me and it's not wasted talent that I did what I did just means that when I apply my skills to other somewhat easier things I will do well.

I see that a lot of posters in this thread have a picture of themselves as their avatar. I won't do that because I just love the Patrick Gleason Aquaman cover I have for my avatar, haha, but here is a recent picture of me:

Bright as heck at the center because was dark at that lounge/club.

3. Jamesdlogan Guest

Welcome to the forums, Sergio:-) Always great to see new people here!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Sergio. As I mentioned to you by email I think, glad you registered.

As you'll fine we're pretty open for any suggestions, etc, you might have too. Have a good one.

5. Capta Guest

Hi everyone, name is Brian and I recently returned to the wonderful world of Comic Books about a year ago. I read my first Comics wayyyyyy back in 1965 or so, so I've seen and been thru many events and goings on in Comics. Currently sitting at about 25000 Comics(built a Comic Cave in my Basement)and am a Marvel Zombie, but also enjoy some DC(Scalped being my fave book right now!)Image, IDW and Indies stuff. Looking forward to the Forum!

6. Jamesdlogan Guest

Welcome to the forum, Brian! :-)

Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 17 18 19