Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SEB-Standard 25: Obama & Comics

1. tiggerpete Guest

seb, it seems your logic is flawless, and really, the next time I see the fanboys like something unanimously on the whole, will be the first time. lets play a game, what comic will Obama turn up in next?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerpete View Post
    seb, it seems your logic is flawless
    Scariest.

Statement.

Ever.

and really, the next time I see the fanboys like something unanimously on the whole, will be the first time.
    Truest.

Statement.

Ever.

lets play a game, what comic will Obama turn up in next?
    Made.

Martin's.

Week.

Uhm...Ever.

"Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

3. Dungbeetle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrandt View Post
    Damn your logic Seb. Damn your logic to hell.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianPiccione View Post
    Of COURSE it's a gimmick!! But, seriously, WHAT in main-stream comics ISN'T?
    Bruce Wayne is "dead"!
    The world's worst villains are the new Avengers!
    There are back-up features in the new $3.99 books!
    Cross-overs! Cross-overs! Cross-overs!
    There are STILL more subjects getting the Weapon-X treatment.

etc..etc..etc...
    This post made me glad I don't have a spandex fetish. There's something to be said about growing up on 2000ad and the occasional decent "mature" TPB. Then again, even 2000ad got shitty after the Dredd movie and they started to tone everything down. Plus I'm guilty of owning the Wolverine/Ghost Rider/Punisher crossover which is completely pointless but also coolness in book form (even if the shitty binding did come apart.)

When are they going to do a Sandman: Obama Edition?

"Morpheus, can you help me? I keep having this terrible nightmare. I'm trapped in the middle of New Orleans with all these folks dying and for some bizarre reason they think I'm one of them? I want to get back to my mansion, but there's water everywhere! God damn it, where is my helicopter?"

Now I'm off to work on my modernized version of Beowulf featuring Tony Blair.

Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2