Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: TPG & B&N

1. StevenForbes Guest

TPG & B&N

Hello, everyone.

Sorry for the abrupt departure, but some unforseen circumstances have forced me to step down from TPG, and for B&N to go on immediate hiatus.

I'll still be around, but I won't have the time to write the columns and provide the feedback I usually do (and I cannot imagine that you all haven't noticed that the responses from me have gotten fewer and further between).

I'll still be around, watching.

I'll be updating the list for who's going next on TPG one last time for Calvin, and then it'll be up to him for how he wants to keep track of it. For those of you who've already submitted a script, I'll be forwarding those to Calvin.

I want to thank all of you for your support of the two columns while they were both here. B&N wouldn't have been a success without your reading it, and TPG could NOT have been a success without your submissions.

Thanks again, and I'll see you soon.

2. JohnLees Guest

Oh right, this explains my query on the other thread then.

Obviously, Steve's departure from The Proving Grounds was something we all knew was going to happen soon, but it doesn't make it any less sad now that the day has finally come. But in a way the loss of Bolts & Nuts is even more of a blow as I didn't see that one coming. I looked forward to both Bolts & Nuts and The Proving Grounds every week, and so I'll be very sorry to see Steve move on, though of course I'm happy too for him to be moving on to greener pastures.

I just hope that, as a group, we can work together to keep The Proving Grounds as a thriving community for sharing and discussing our scripts, and maybe helping each other to improve on our writing. And I do hope you can stop by from time to time, Steve.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

4. jamesfairlie Guest

:-( Oh well, i'm sure Calvin will do a damn fine job of tearing up my, and everyone else's, scripts.

Best of luck in all of your projects Steven, and thank you for all the help you've provided us with, I hate to think what my scripts would have looked like with out your columns.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

We should retire the red font, like a pro's jersey.

Calvin can tear us apart in green, or something.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

6. Dungbeetle Guest

*salute*

7. StevenForbes Guest

I'll be here. I'm around, watching, although I may not have time to reply.

And I wasn't expecting B&N to go away so soon. Granted, the big project that I alluded to some months ago hasn't materialized yet, but it's gotten closer. Looking forward to THAT one if it gets approved.

No, I was thinking that B&N may have had to go away for a while around the new year, but it was going to be around. Instead of just half-assing it, though, it was better for it to go away. Life unexpectedly came up and slapped me in the face. When that happens, you don't fight. You just knuckle down, deal with it, and continue to march. That's what I'm doing here.

So I'll be around, just not very active.

8. JohnLees Guest

Oh damn. I assumed this was the big project moving forward, rather than something bad happening. Whatever it is, I hope everything works out okay.

9. BarriLang Guest

Whatever the hell's going on with you Steve, I and I'm sure the rest of the gang, wish you luck. With any luck we'll start making some money and getting an ass kicking from you on a professional paying basis

And I think Calvin would suit a lilac font... or mauve.

10. CalvinCamp Guest

Wow. This came on a little more sudden than I was expecting.

Steven...
    I wish you the best with whatever it is you've got going on. Take care of what needs taking care of in your life, and I'll do my best (with the help of the rest of the guys) to carry on here.

Guys...
    Give me a day or two to sort things out and get up to speed. I'll adjust the schedule once I've figured out what the heck I'm doing.

Barri...
    Lilac? Mauve? Bite me! :mad:

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast