Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comics & Cinema - Best Actor To Comic Hero

1. Sliverbane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MattDocMartin View Post
    It's hard to pick what the worst thing was for the FF movie:

Dr Doom, Silver Surfer, or Alba's wig.
    Oh, It was Alba 100% - not just the wig... Don't forget the hideous blue contacts.

2. JayKatz Guest

What is SO wrong with Silver Surfer in the FF movie??

3. CalvinCamp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JayKatz View Post
    What is SO wrong with Silver Surfer in the FF movie??
    As I recall... He was a special effect and a plot device, and not much else. So there wasn't enough for the viewer to connect with on a personal level and actually make him a memorable character. Which isn't "so wrong" as much as it's simply unfortunate.

I'd have to watch the movie again to see if my impression is really the case for the Surfer specifically, or if it's a side-effect of my impression of the movie as a whole... but, frankly, I don't want to watch it again. All I know is that the Surfer didn't stand out as a high point for me. I doubt it was any fault of the actors playing the role. I figure they just weren't given much to work with. I mean, if Michael Chiklis can't shine as the Thing, then something is wrong at a deeper level than who's delivering the lines.

Obviously you saw more to the Surfer than I (and apparently some others) did, though, and that's great. If we all liked the exact same things, there wouldn't be any variety to the world.

4. tiggerpete Guest

best ever was Matt Salinger as Captain America (1990) right up there with George Clooney as Batman, and Shaq as Steel, and the potential of Nicholas Cage as Superman, and you have some of the best heroic portrayals ever set to screen (I shouldn't have to say it, but the sarcasm is implied) forgot about Supergirl movie (can't remember the actress though) but in all seriousness, RDJ in Iron Man, Christian Bale as Batman (I thought was better than Keaton by a hair IMO) and while Reeves is Superman, I thought Brandon Routh did a decent job, and did the best he could with the script and direction he had. can't wait to see Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, hope it is as awesome in rl as it is in my mind.
    Last edited by tiggerpete; Tuesday, December 01, 2009 at 02:47 AM.

Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2