Publisher Website: Heske Horror

Writer: Various
    Pencils: Various
    Inks: Various
    Colors:
    Number of pages: 154
    Price: $15.00
    Color: Black & White
    Safety Content Label: PARENTAL ADVISORY - 15 years and older. Similiar to T+ but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery.

Publishers Blurb:
    What will occur on 12/21/12 at 11:11 GST, the end of the Mayan Long Count calendar? Will it be a transformative event ... or man's ultimate Armageddon? This anthology from award-winning comic publisher Heske Horror provides creepy, creative interpretations from indie professionals from around the world.

Reviewer Comments:
    Ok, first I want to apologize for not naming the writers, artists, inkers, and letterers on this book, but there are a LOT of them, and I just didn't have the space.

Now, as for the book itself...2012: FINAL PRAYER is about as much fun as the apocalypse can be. The stories range from the surreal to the standard, with art that dances between cartoony and hyper-realistic.

In other words, at 154 pages, with nearly 20 full stories, there is something here for everyone. Several somethings.

Sure, it gets rough in places, but overall it's a solid book. I really enjoyed the fact that not every story is about the grandiose Roland Emmerich-esque total end of the world stories. Some are much more stubtle, some are much more bizarre. One of my favorites, DEMENTED, by Heske and Downey had a much more intimate and small scale horror that had just that much more edge bite to it as a result. And Duncan Eagleson's HARKINTON is a well written, beatifully rendered story about a crow-speaking railwalker who wanders the post-apocalyptic world like a ronin samurai, slaying beasts and righting wrongs.

Some fine horror with that indy feel, 2012: FINAL PRAYER is worth looking into.

Besides, any book with a pin-up by Eliseu 'Zeu" Gouveia is worth it right there. God, I love his stuff!
    Attached Images