Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars U vs Star Trek U

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Wars U vs Star Trek U

The inhabitants of each universe all band together to wage war against the inhabitants of the opposing universe.

My money is on the Trek universe. Photon and Quantum Torpedoes, phasers, transporters, and fleets of star ships make up superior tech. Oh and then there is cloaking technology too!

Then we throw in the badasses... The borg, vulcans, klingons, jem'hadar, and romulans.

2. Cary Guest

Is it any surprise I'd come down on the Star Wars side of this one?

I'll take the Star Destroyer against any Federation ship with the possible exception of a Galaxy class ship and then it would come down to the crew. I don't think the Trek shields could handle the turbolasers on the Star Destroyers.

Two Jedi and a padawan can handle the Borg, Klingons and Jem'hadar together let alone as single fighting forces. There's just no comparing a battleth to a lightsaber. The Romulans might hold out a while if they stick with their cloaked ships (Klingons wouldn't do that as they're too honorable) but the Jedi would find them with the FORCE and it would be lights out.

If the Trek U doesn't break out the Q, that's their asses.

3. tiggerpete Guest

yeah, pretty clear winner on that one, Star Wars has been in a constant state of war from the Clone Wars all through the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. give me Mace Windu and Yoda and a squad of Arc Troopers and throw the rest of the federation at them, no contest in my book, I might lose a couple troopers before I wipe the rest off the battlefield, as for space, give me a combined Rogue Squadron and the 181st against the federation fleet and back them up with the Chimaera with Grand Admiral Thrawne in command and the Katana Fleet for support, and there is nothing in Trek that could stand up to them. now as for sheer destrucive force, I would throw out the Death Star, nothing in Trek is small enough to get to the thermal exhaust port with enough firepower to cause the destructive chain reaction. I really can see no way that the Trek Universe could win any battle let alone a war between the two, there is just no contest.

4. tiggerpete Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post

If the Trek U doesn't break out the Q, that's their asses.
    pretty much

5. DVS Guest

Ok, Ok. Let's take a different look here. The battle I'm watching is the Wookies vs the Klingons. Probably the coolest battle ever. The battle culminates with Worf taking on Chewbacca. That's a draw in my book.

Capt. James T. Kirk vs Han Solo, hand to hand no tricks, toys, or weapons. I think we'll all agree these two are the grittiest with no special abilities (i.e. Force) and I'd have to side with the Capt.

On the side of battles: sure SW has there Death Star but all that takes is to transport the Genesis Device aboard and BOOM that's all it took.

The moon with the teddy bears(ewoks) Trek ships begin sending down unmanned shuttles of Tribbles, and after a short time the planet is over run with Tribbles and the Ewoks can do nothing about it. (sorry Willow)

And, for the one thing Wars has that out powers Trek, The Force, it wouldn't be long before they capture a Jedi by means of the Stun setting on their phasers. Then all it takes is a simple Mind Meld via Vulcan BAMF's Spock, Tuvok, T'pol and others. Soon enough there will be more Vulcan's with the powers of the Force than Jedi.

Add in the superior sophistication of the Trek U , and the think first, fire second mantalidy I think it would be fair to say that it looks like Trek has the upper hand.

Lest us not forget in the Trek U , time travel is very possible so worst being worst and the Wars U pulls it off, there are always other chances for the Trek U to make up for any major mistakes.
    Last edited by DVS; Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 05:35 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    Ok, Ok. Let's take a different look here. The battle I'm watching is the Wookies vs the Klingons. Probably the coolest battle ever. The battle culminates with Worf taking on Chewbacca. That's a draw in my book.
    Nah, Chewie'd win that. But, yeah Wookies VS. Klingons would be pretty cool.

Capt. James T. Kirk vs Han Solo, hand to hand no tricks, toys, or weapons. I think we'll all agree these two are the grittiest with no special abilities (i.e. Force) and I'd have to side with the Capt.
    Han would win. He'd fight like a smuggler.

On the side of battles: sure SW has there Death Star but all that takes is to transport the Genesis Device aboard and BOOM that's all it took.
    Yeah, but then you'd end up with a LIVING Death Star. You'd probably end up creating an evil sentient planet. Like WHAT IF MOGO (of the GLC) WAS A SITH LORD. That would suck on many levels.

The moon with the teddy bears(ewoks) Trek ships begin sending down unmanned shuttles of Tribbles, and after a short time the planet is over run with Tribbles and the Ewoks can do nothing about it. (sorry Willow)
    Wow, you just created the single most ANNOYING planet EVER. Just banish JAR JAR's people there, and then start aim a Death Star beam at it. Take out all the irritating little buggers at once.

And, for the one thing Wars has that out powers Trek, The Force, it wouldn't be long before they capture a Jedi by means of the Stun setting on their phasers. Then all it takes is a simple Mind Meld via Vulcan BAMF's Spock, Tuvok, T'pol and others. Soon enough there will be more Vulcan's with the powers of the Force than Jedi.
    Except the Vulcan Jedi would get their ASSES handed to them by the first lightning throwing, force choking, Sith Lord to show up. And they COULDN"T copy that, because the way to the dark side is EMOTION. Ha, take that you pointy-eared savants!

Add in the superior sophistication of the Trek U , and the think first, fire second mantalidy I think it would be fair to say that it looks like Trek has the upper hand.
    The TECH is the STAR TREK U.'s greatest WEAKNESS,. They depend on it too much, and freak out whenever it stops working. The STAR WARS U. is used to tech failure, and improvise better than anyone.

Lest us not forget in the Trek U , time travel is very possible so worst being worst and the Wars U pulls it off, there are always other chances for the Trek U to make up for any major mistakes.
    Built in cop-out. I hadn't thought of that.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

You people are lying to yourselves.

First of all, Harrison Ford is cool and everything but really? Han Solo vs James T. Kirk? Han doesn't stand a chance. Chewie is his muscle, that's why Han doesn't fight much. Kirk kicks butt is almost every episode.

Wookies vs Klingons? Wookies are for the most part brute force. Sure they can fire a laser rifle but to my knowledge have limited fighting skills. Klingons are natural born fighting machines. They live to fight, they have fighting styles and martial arts as shown by Worf in TNG.

As far as Cary's comment on how Klingons would be too honorable to take a dirty handed approach to win a battle.... have you ever even seen Star Trek? Worf is one of a select few Klingons that actually abide by the honor that is supposedly instilled in Klingon Warriors.

Jedi's would be the largest threat but really... how many Jedi are there? Even if we take the Jedi at the height of their power, they had maybe what? 1000? 2000 max? We've got entire planets of people to fight them. Planets of warriors like the Jem'Hadar who are bred for battle. Jedi were taken out by pre-programmed clones who outnumbered them.

One on one Jedi could probably take out any opponent in the Star Trek Universe but that just wouldn't happen.

Much of Trek occurs in space via Star Ship battles, so the Jedi would have to find a way to even get close enough to use hand to hand fighting first and foremost.

The Deathstar is way overrated. Yes it can destroy planets... but it is very slow and can be destroyed in one shot. Are you telling me that no one in Star Trek would be able to navigate a runabout (which by the way is equipped with phasers, which are much more powerful than Star Wars' lasers.) to perform the same thing that Luke Skywalker did? Can anyone say.... Data?

Even if by some stretch of the imagination Data couldn't pull it off, out of the fleets of ships in the Star Trek universe, one of them would be able to target the stupid exhaust port of the Death Star and blow it to kingdom come. I never understood why Luke had to navigate through all that crap anyway instead of just coming at it straight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary
    Two Jedi and a padawan can handle the Borg, Klingons and Jem'hadar together let alone as single fighting forces.
    Please tell me you don't actually believe this nonsense. As I pointed out before, clones with laser rifles killed many of the Jedi.

Speaking of the borg though, what happens when they start assimilating Jedi, Sith and Wookies? Star Wars' best players are now Star Trek's best players.

Then Trek has the whole transporters thing going for them. Troops can be infilled and exfilled in mass numbers. And don't think a Jedi could evade a transporter beam. Start beaming those suckers into space and not even the force is going to protect them from instant freezer burn.

Where Star Wars movies left off, the rebel forces are little more than the Bajorans and quite frankly I think the Bajorans are better at covert operations and sabotage.

A Star Destroyer is impressive to a degree but Turbolasers are still lasers which are by definition inferior to phasers, not to mention spatial torpedoes, photon torpedoes, quantum torpedoes, phased plasma torpedoes, phase cannons, pulse cannons, isokentic cannons, thalaron radiation, disruptors, etc.

Oh and by the way, Trek has lasers too... but no one uses them for anything more than corrective eye surgery.

For a full list of weapons in Star Trek please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_in_Star_Trek
    Last edited by ScottWilliams; Monday, January 25, 2010 at 02:58 AM.

8. tiggerpete Guest

keep in mind what you keep calling lasers in SW are not lasers but blasters, it amounts to pretty much a burst of concentrated plasma which I believe would be way more powerful than a teeny little phaseras for getting in close, have you ever heard of a Stealth-X? they were converted X-Wings that were undetectable and flown by uber leet Jedi pilots (Twin Suns Squadron) and were used to fight the Yuuzhan Vong, which the Vong are basically organic Borg, so they would cancel them out (read the NJO books if you have doubts, the Vong are BA) as for the exhaust port on the Death Star, that wasn't common knowledge, they only got that from a spy mission that ended with Leia on death row, not knowing the political situations in the galaxy I doubt the Federation would ever get the info until after Earth shared the same fate as Alderaan. as for transporters, yeah they might be a problem until a Star Destroyer hits the Federation ship with an Ion cannon (knocks out all electronics, instant warp core breach due to a lack of containment) the reason the clones took out so many Jedi is because they had been trained since day 1 to do so, and had the element of surprise and the Jedi really did trust them. as for the Klingons, the Chiss would completely dominate them, no contest. and btw a phaser blast wouldn't do anything to the thermal exhaust port on the Death Star, it is Ray shielded which means it has to be a projectile to set off the reaction (proton Torpedoes and Concussion Missiles) and a true Sith (Malak, Exar Kun, Vader, Krayt, Revan, Maul, etc...) would wipe out anything the federation could throw at them. Vulcans can't copy force powers since it is a unique ability of the user, in other words just because you see how someone does something, doesn't mean you can do it too. and also, what is the Trek U's response to a lightsaber? I don't think there is a single thing out there. oh yeah Jem hadar get their shit kicked by the Mandalorians every day of the week, its like a game to them (seriously for being super soldiers the Jem hadar suck, Major Kira took out like 5 in hand to hand combat by herself) the Bajorans might give the Rebel Alliance a run for their money........if the Rebels lost all of their fleet and pilots. anyway is their anyone that could out-manuever Grand Admiral Thrawne in the Trek U? because tactcally there is no contest, winner Wars by a parsec.

9. Cary Guest

Oh if Thrawn's in the game the Federation is done, no doubt about it. By the time he gets done with them they'll be questioning the fact that they came into space to begin with.

AS to the Two Jedi and a padawan comment I made before, look at it like this. Blasters fire at an incredible cyclical rate (the rate of fire a weapon has) phasers sadly do not. There's always a time delay. To a Jedi, using a phaser on him is like bringing a knife to a gun fight, he'll carve them up. I mean come on! Lightsabers block every hand held blaster bolt in the galaxy, and a great many ship-fired weapons as well, at least the personal fighters. By the time a Borg fires his weapon the Jedi has him in three pieces and is working on the next bunch. Same for the Jem'hadar and the Klingons. The only hand to hand guys that can stand with Jedi might be the Klingons, but without an equivalent weapon to offset the lightsaber advantage you're fighting a losing battle with a lot of dead Klingons laying around.

Wookies vs. Klingons...I think you guys forget that Wookies have built in claws. They don't use them much because it's frowned upon as dishonorable, but when push comes to shove, I'll take the wookies. You don't see Klingons tearing peoples arms out of their sockets, put it that way.

Han vs. Kirk...Man I hate to say it, but Kirk owns that one. At least in their primes. Han likes that blaster at his side, but he's not the hand to hand fighter that Kirk is.

I totally forgot about Ion cannons. That goofy weapon right there pretty much cripples the Federation.

As to Klingons and cloaking devices...it has been theorized that there is no scientific reason why a ship can't fire cloaked. In fact when the Federation develops cloaking tech they can in fact fire cloaked and remain that way. So if the tech exists to allow them to fire cloaked, why wouldn't they? The answer that makes the most sense is honor prevents it. Sure the ships won't do it, but I'd argue that honor prevents them from even installing the option. Also, keep in mind that the Klingons field a far smaller fleet than the Federation or the Romulans and consider everyone in the known universe an enemy. With that mentality it's not hard to see why there are factions within the Klingon Empire that view their honor as slightly flexible.

As to the decimation of the Jedi by the clones, I again point you to cyclical rate. Fifteen or twenty clones with repeating heavy blasters are going to kill a single Jedi. Keep in mind the clones and Mandalorian by genetics and training, and Mandos kill Jedi better than anyone. Add to that the sneak attack factor of Order 66 and you can kinda see why most of the Jedi were caught unawares. Even still, Yoda didn't die, and there were others who survived as well that we see later. Everyone has a bad day.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the federation and the alliance would have to team up, because once the borg finds the cloners, resistance stops being futile and becomes totally irrelevant.

Imagine a never ending army of hive minded Jango Fett borg-clones.

Oh, and just for fun, a bunch of Evil-goatee sporting evil mirror-mirror universe versions of the Trek cast show up and join the Empire.

Because, really...the bad guys would do all the fighting. The Federation would follow it's Prme Directive and try to establish contact. The rebels would welcome any and all assistance, and since The Federation and The Republic are actually very similar, I think they'd all be friends.

So, nyah.
    "Living Robert Venditti's Plan B!"

CAT. 5

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast