Ok, so as some of you noticed your friendly neighborhood Steven Sykora has moved away from "the big two" a little lately. Fear not good citizens, broadening my horizons with several indy titles doesn't mean I don't still read the big boys books too. That statement isn't entirely true I guess... as far as the big two are concerned, I only read DC these days.

I just haven't had much of an appetite for Marvel after some of the nuttier things they've done with their characters and storylines. Let's review, shall we?

Wendell Vaughn was killed off and Mar-Vell's lesbian daughter who's into bestiality was installed as the "Protector of the Universe". If Marvel is trying to sell comics through sex, they must've been snorting the KY Jelly when they turned Moondragon into an actual dragon and continued the relationship with Phyla-Vell. Am I a little bitter that they killed off one of my favorite comic book characters of all time? Hell yes, but that doesn't make me wrong. Ask the guys over at www.bringbackwendell.com.

What are the Avengers, without Steve Rogers? Well they're definitely not the Avengers; I'll tell you that much. What made marvel kill Cap is dollar signs, that's no revelation, and granted it's nothing compared to the hype Superman got when he "died", but to replace Captain America with Bucky. I mean come on.... BUCKY? I think with the hero complex the Punisher had for Cap, a nice tribute to him would've been to have the Punisher give up his vigilante murderous ways and take up the mantle of Captain America. If you're going to kill such an iconic character like Captain America, give his death some meaning. Which brings me to my next point on the matter, nobody likes it when soldiers die for no reason. Cap deserved to die leading the charge on the battlefield, not walking up the steps to face trial.

Don't even get me started on Spidey and Mary Jane. Spiderman can't help Aunt May and makes a deal with the devil? Come on.. he's freaking SPIDERMAN.

I might pick up this Skrull Invasion and see what changes come of it, but it's not on the top of my to do list or anything.