Thread: Fan Art Contest I

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Fan Art Contest I

Okay, so I'm going to start the first of what I hope to be many Fan Art Contests.

Welcome to the Project Fanboy Fan Art Contest!

BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!
    (Print them out if you need to for future reference)

THE CONTEST:

Amalgam Comics Characters - This contest will highlight your ability not only to recreate your favorite characters, but to also merge them with some of your other favorite characters. Try to steer clear of the same character blends originally used in the Marvel / DC books published in 1996, but you may do so if you think you have an interesting take on the amalgamation. In case you missed the run of these books, you basically take two characters and turn them into one like this rendering of Iron Lantern (a merge between Iron Man and Green Lantern).

THE RULES:
    • One entry per artist.
    • Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible.
    • Do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop or whatever medium you are comfortable with.
    • Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of artwork but photo-manips ARE allowed!

Your entry should be posted in this thread.

Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key!

If you are banned at the close of the contest your entry will be disqualified!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
    Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
    Project Fanboy offers free hosting you may use to upload your art. Follow this link, create an album and upload your art from your computer. Once you have uploaded your image, you will be shown BB Code linking to your image by clicking on the individual image you have uploaded in your album.

THE DEADLINE & VOTING:
    January 20th, 2011 - (contest closes midnight EST on the 20th)

I will pool all of the entries as they come in and the winner of the competition will be chosen by Project Fanboy users in a poll that I will create. The voting poll will run for seven days and will close on January 27th at midnight.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it is to post your artwork here in this thread!

REMEMBER, ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST.

By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you, the artist. Furthermore you are also inviting others to critique your work!

So pull out those pencils or fire up your Photoshop and GOOD LUCK!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

All right then, I'll go first!

Here is a photo-manip of what I'd like to call Quasar 2814. For anyone not in the know, this is a picture of Wendell Vaughn (albeit from a different universe) as a Green Lantern.

Here's the original image: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._of_Kings).jpg

3. Enigmanaut Guest

Ok, my first post and it'll be to enter this here challenge. My Amalgam is one of Marvel's Nova and DC's Hawkman. Novahawk!

All my own work, all Photoshop.
    Last edited by Enigmanaut; Saturday, January 01, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty awesome!

5. Red Guest

Those are both really good but so far I like the Nova/Hawkman one the best.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to admit, it is really good.

7. TomLupo Guest

yeah....that is pretty cool.

8. Enigmanaut Guest

Thank you all for your kind words on Novahawk. I enjoyed making it.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

Well damn. I was really hoping for more of a response on this. I don't think there's really much of a point in putting up a poll with only one other entry besides mine. Novahawk definitely takes this one.