Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Original stuff.

1. Enigmanaut Guest

My Original stuff.

Hello, I'm new here. Thought I'd post some original stuff I have done.

The first two pages of a self-made Superhero comic called Enigmanaut:

I'm working on the script and some character designs before I really start working on it regularly.
    Here's the main character.

2. Enigmanaut Guest

And here's some stuff from a comic strip I did briefly before deciding I had nowhere to go with it.

3. TomLupo Guest

i think the comic strip is quite funny.

the comic "eniganaut" seems to......to...to.....be.....2.5 dimension.

4. Red Guest

Why'd you think you had nowhere to go with this? I liked it.

5. TomLupo Guest

2.5 dimension.

6. Enigmanaut Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Why'd you think you had nowhere to go with this? I liked it.
    Because I had maybe a handful of strips more I could do with it, then I had no idea where to take it. And each one took upwards of 10 hours to make, which made it impractical.

Unlike Enigmanaut, for which I have literally years worth of stories already more or less worked out, and it's something I really want to do. So, I had to choose one or the other. I went with the one I knew what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    i think the comic strip is quite funny.

the comic "eniganaut" seems to......to...to.....be.....2.5 dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    2.5 dimension.
    I'm really not following you on that...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd have to listen to the podcast to understand his 2.5 dimensional comment. He just means it reminds him of the newer art in comics these days as opposed to more silver age type stuff.

8. Enigmanaut Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ScottWilliams View Post
    You'd have to listen to the podcast to understand his 2.5 dimensional comment. He just means it reminds him of the newer art in comics these days as opposed to more silver age type stuff.
    Ah, Ok. I gotcha. No, it's not like the Silver age art style, which I do love, but I really don't feel either inclined or capable of emulating. My goal is to look a bit like animation cells placed on a page, and it targeted at digital distribution (web/iPad/any alternative tablet) versus a traditional print medium.

I hope that once it really gets underway it'll find an audience regardless of not looking like more traditional comics.

9. ChaosGeneration Guest

Your Enigmanaut art looks a lot like the style of the Voltron books.

I think it'll look good on the iPad (and Barnes & Noble's NOOK Color, too) - I think the good thing (for creators) about these devices is the low production overhead for trying out a new style or a new title.

10. Enigmanaut Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosGeneration View Post
    Your Enigmanaut art looks a lot like the style of the Voltron books.

I think it'll look good on the iPad (and Barnes & Noble's NOOK Color, too) - I think the good thing (for creators) about these devices is the low production overhead for trying out a new style or a new title.
    Indeed. And because it's not designed for print, I don't have to hold to the CMYK color palette that requires. I like using the whole RGB spread.

I did a new drawing of Enigmanaut last night just to keep the muscle memory active.

Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast